Sunday, October 28, 2007

Stories 2Tell




I first saw this @ the 2Simple adviser day, back in July. I am pleased it is finally available, and I will certainly be having a closer look and play with it in due course. The video above explains what it does, far better than I could. However I will say this, there are going to be many resources that flood the market that say 'linked to the Renewed Framework'. Some will be nothing more than a bank of worksheets on a CD-Rom. I had the misfortune of viewing some of these with a Maths colleague just recently, and these type of resources are a real step backwards.

This resource on the other hand seems to stay true to the push for Multimodality within the Literacy Framework. I do hope those people who purchase it, enjoy using it but use it well. I recently showcased 2Stimulte to a group of teachers, who just did not get it, they did not appreciate that the resource on its own would not do the lesson for them. I on the other hand, had just watched a class of year 6 children present the work they had done in response to the News simulation in 2Simulate and they were excited, motivated and you could tell they had a lot of fun while improving their speaking and listening skills.

Before I get lynched by those of you who think I live and breath 2simple, I do know that there have been resources produced by Softease for the Renewed Framework for some time. These can be found @ http://www.softease.com/primaryframework/index.htm
or by clicking on the image below:


----------------
Typed while playing: Fatboy Slim - Everybody Needs A 303
via FoxyTunes


----------------

----------------
Now playing: Orb - Towers Of Dub
via FoxyTunes

No comments: