Thursday, April 19, 2007

Blogger new features

Blogger has such easy to use drag and drop features and they have just added a new tool for video and I thought I`d give it a go. I have discovered TED Talks on You Tube recently and am beginning to become a bit hooked on searching for watchable and thought provoking educational content such as these and other videos. Though, as many of you have heard me say before it is hard to find such nuggets in amongst all the teenagers reenacting rap videos and people experimenting with coke and mintoes cocktails.

The new Video-Bar Feature

I have added a video bar to the side-bar and chosen ICT,Ted Talks and Robolab as my search items- the bar will use search and RSS functionality to display clips for clicking,without my public having to navigate away to You-tube.

Scroll down on the right hand bar to view the feature- also click on the TED TALK clip below to hear Ted Robinson talk on how education kills creativity- a controversial but entertaining talk

A must-see for every parent and teacher. Education guru Sir Ken Robinson makes an entertaining (and profoundly moving) case for creating an education system that nurtures creativity, rather than undermining it. Sir Ken Robinson is author of "Out of Our Minds: Learning to be Creative," and a leading expert on innovation in education and business


No comments: