Friday, July 21, 2006

Web2 Again

I am spending lots of time looking for the next web2 phenomonon. Why? Well I am just keen to stay ahead and also I want to find tools that will make my job easier and hopefully tools that we can use to educate and excite teachers and children.

I was quite excited by Clusty.com- although the name is one of those words that gives me a errgh reaction like nails down a chalk board- whatever. I liked clusty because of the innovative way that it clusters togethers its results-try it yourself. It may well be a quick fad for me but I am going to trial it for a while and I'll get back to you. (see below for more details)

What makes Clusty unique?

Clusty.com is a whole new way to search the web.
Clusty queries several top search engines, combines the results, and generates an ordered list based on comparative ranking. This "metasearch" approach helps raise the best results to the top and push search engine spam to the bottom.

But what really makes Clusty unique is what happens after you search. Instead of delivering millions of search results in one long list, our search engine groups similar results together into clusters. Clusters help you see your search results by topic so you can hone in on exactly what you’re looking for or discover unexpected relationships between items. When was the last time you went to the third or fourth page of the search results? Rather than scrolling through page after page, the clusters help you find results you may have missed or that were buried deep in the ranked list.

And with a name like Clusty, it’s gotta be good
http://clusty.com/

No comments: